So yeah, Leap250’s Blog gets another one of these, this time courtesy of the lovely Keiko from Keiko’s Anime Blog, who’s acquaintance I’ve only formally made quite recently actually. Always happy to meet new people in the ol’ aniblogosphere, and many thanks to Keiko for thinking that our little space here is lovely 😀 (and go check out her stuff too while you’re at it!)
As always these blog posts come with a set of rules that I customarily downgrade into mere guidelines thereby knocking their authoritative power down by a notch, leaving me free to go about ’em as I wish *whistles* SO. The “guidelines” are:
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the 11 questions they ask (I swear this changes every time xD)
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the same award in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family.
- Ask them 11 questions that you are dying for the answer to!
In keeping with tradition I won’t be tagging anyone else for this award
consider yourselves saved but do feel free to take a crack at Keiko’s question down at the comments section below yourself if you’re interested — and if you wanna make your own post about it likewise feel free to offer your name up and I’ll just retroactively tag you in 😀 I know that’s not how these things work, but hey, that’s Leap250’s Blog’s tradition.
Well then, without further ado, I give you my answers now to Keiko’s queries~
1. Do you share your birthday with one of your favourite anime characters? (If you don’t know, use this link to check. It is in Japanese but its easy to navigate. The green box with the numbers are the months so that’s where you start. The days will appear once you choose your month and then you’ll get a list of characters.)
— I wouldn’t say she’s one of my favorite characters in general, but Satorin from Bamboo Blade is one of my favorite characters from the show for sure.
2. Following on from that, do you share your birthday with a character you dislike?
— Hmm. Not really…?
I’m not all that familiar with the rest of ’em to say whether or not I dislike ’em.
Though I will say, I’m impressed with how extensive this site is with its listing of birthdays of anime characters, lol, (for you guys who’re reading this now, try out the site as well if you haven’t yet!)
3. If you could be the protagonist of an anime, what type of protagonist would you be and what would you call yourself?
— I’m almost reluctant to take on being the protagonist in the first place (I’d much rather be like, “the friend” of the actual protagonist or something, lol), so I’m probably gonna be that type of character. Subsequently that’s what I’d call myself, “the friend” xD
4. If you were a pirate, what would you be called?
— NoBeard. ‘Cause I can’t grow a beard to save my life
(not that I want to have a beard, but I at least wanna have the option of having one)
5. You have been transported to the times of King Arthur. Who would you be?
— A wayward scribe with no allegiances to the crown nor to Morgan Le Fay; recording the events of the Arthurian Legend as it unfolds right before my eyes.
6. Following on from that question, what would your choice of weapon and horse be called?
— A dagger coated in essence of wolf’s bane and deadly nightshade. I’d have an ebony steed named Erebus, who I lovingly call “Reb”
7. If you were caught outside in a snowstorm, what would you do?
— Marvel at the sight of snow for like a good two-three seconds (haven’t seen it), then I’d probably phone someone for help if I have a signal. If not I’ll try to take shelter in whichever place nearby that has walls and a roof — and a hot beverage if at all possible.
8. What one thing are you proud to own?
— My copy of Haruki Murakami‘s “After Dark” (look at that cover!)
One of only a handful of novels that I brought with me when I moved. Absolutely love it (though, it’s probably my third…? favorite Murakami work all around). I found it at this pre-loved bookstore that I used to frequent in my hometown, and at the time (or even now) I don’t think you could’ve found this specific imprint in stores, so I lucked out.
9. What’s the weirdest song you’ve ever heard?
…Must be an acquired taste. Sadly, it’s a taste I’ve yet to acquire.
10. Have you ever started watching/reading something and forced yourself to finish it despite it being terrible? If so, what was it?
— I have, but only for when I lose a bet, or when I “trade” people shows (like, if I want a friend of mine to watch something, I’ll ask for a show that they’d want me to see). The worst was probably Mayoiga.
Oh, lol, and I might catch some flak for this, but I read through Eleanor & Park as a sort-of favor to my then-girlfriend (while in exchange I had her read Ender’s Game for me — I know, not treally a fair trade, right? jk).
11. What anime are you planning to watch from the spring season?
Some sure ones would be Boku no Hero Academia S3, Persona 5, and Devils Line (because reasons). Other than those, I’d actually been eyeing Caligula ever since it was announced because of the cast lineup. I’m also debating picking up Mahou Shoujo Site because it looks.. promising, and I sort-of follow one of the seiyus that’s gonna be working on it (people familiar with the content I peruse might have a good idea as to who I’m referring to). There’s also a manhwa adaptation called Frankenstein Family that has piqued my interest quite a bit. I’ll probably pick up some other stuff once the season rolls around, but these are the titles that stick out to the moment.
And that’s a wrap! Thanks again to Keiko for the award, and again if you guys wanna have a go at these questions as well, by all means.
Cheers y’all, have a good one 😀