So yeah, miharusshi over at Anime Vios tagged me for this one.😀
A blog carnival, if you will, though if memory (and post history) serve me right, this is the first time Leap250’s blog has been involved in/nominated for a Liebster Award. I’m pretty sure most of you guys know what this is about (and have participated in this as well), but for those who aren’t as familiar – the whole thing is essentially writers passing the award along by tagging fellow writers, with the goal of introducing new blogs to potential readers. This is done by asking the tagged writers to answer a set of questions. After which they create a new set of questions and tag other writers, keeping the chain going.
The specifics would be as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you by linking his award and/or blogger
- (Optional: Provide some background information and the rules on Liebster Award)
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you
- (Optional: State 11 facts about yourself)
- Nominate 3~10 bloggers to do this, too
- Write 11 questions for your nominees to answer and notify them of your nomination
I’ve been made aware that these aren’t so much rules, but just a basic guideline of sorts, and thus deviations as you see fit are very welcome.
..So! Let’s start😀
1. Has there been a seiyuu/voice actor that you really dislike? Why (not)?
– Yuki Kaji comes to mind. I mean, I guess I don’t dislike him that much, but the guy could do with some versatility. It’s like he’s playing the same character in different shows at times, which just takes away from the viewing experience altogether. Other than him I don’t think I really dislike any seiyuu at the moment. I respect the craft too much.
2. What are some of your least favorite genres? Or at least, genres that you tend to avoid?
Yaoi, because reasons. Mostly mecha. It has nothing to do with the mechs themselves, but sometimes the plots just don’t do it for me. Only sometimes though, not all the times (’cause I did watch and enjoy Captain Earth). But I guess instinctively I end up avoiding ’em. Idol-themed shows are also on the list (with LoveLive! being an exception), as well as most Shounen and Sports anime
3. Do you read manga? Has there been an instance when a scene/chapter has moved you that you couldn’t help but cry?
– Yes, but not as often as I watch anime.
And also yes, that definitely has happened. >_<
4. What do you think is a romantic deed (e.g. confession, kiss, hug, etc) in any romance anime? Why?
– Tear-stained hugs. Something about a person allowing himself/herself to be seen at his/her most vulnerable state, and the other party being there for him/her.
5. Do you have keep a MAL account? Follow up questions: [5.a.] If you do, show off your MALgraph awards (anime and/or manga, whichever is fine with you) by posting a screencap. Which award do you wish to level up next and why [5.b.] If you don’t have a MAL, do you have a profile on any other anime listing service? Why prefer that over MAL? (Or why not keep any at all?)
I really should get to levelling up that slice-of-life one. There haven’t been any good ones (or ones that I like at least) as of late, so may have to turn to my backlog for that. Finally getting that Psychological anime achievement would be nice too. xD
6. Do you keep or wish to keep a pet/s? Describe your bonding moments.
– I’m not taking care of any pet at the moment (we all go out of the house too often), though I guess I can share this story.
*wall of text after the break (tl;dr had a very sappy experience with a dog once, lol)
A family friend was gonna go out of town for a week, and he decided that he couldn’t take his 2-year old dog, Zorro, with him. Since Zorro already kinda knew me and my mom, we decided that we’d be the ones to take care of him while his owner was away. During Zorro’s first night at our house, my mom had to go to a meeting. After I fed Zorro and set him down on a rug so he could sleep, I went and got ready to turn in. While I was at my room I heard a noise. A sort-of rasping sound. I checked the living room and it was Zorro throwing up the food he ate. Of course I panicked and I didn’t really know what I was supposed to do. I decided to clean the floor first before calling my mom, but he threw up again. This went on for around six times or so. He grew visibly weak as he lay down on the rug I set out, and I was genuinely worried. I gave him a rub and said ‘it’s okay’, thinking that he was experiencing shock from being in a different house all of a sudden. I waited until he fell asleep. And waited a bit more, just sitting beside him. Checking if he was still breathing from time to time. At some point I pulled a chair near me and just set my head down. The next thing I remember was the dog licking me awake. It was the morning of the next day, and yeah, ended up spending the night with him.
7. In which of the 16 personalities (Myers-Briggs typology) do you classify? (Click here if you haven’t taken a test.) Do you agree with the result?
– I’ve taken Myers-Briggs a total of two times in the past – the first was before I shifted into the degree program I’m in now as a requirement, and the second as a class activity. Amusingly, I got two different results. The first time I took the test it said I was INFJ. The second one said I was INTJ. I suppose the former is more legit because it was assessed by a practicing psychologist. That being said, I don’t think I fit the profile of an INFJ. If I had to choose between the two then I’d actually be more willing to identify myself as an INTJ person (albeit not exactly). It would seem that the only sure thing about me is my introversion xD
8. Whatcha say?
水星 にでも 旅に 出ようか～～
(suisei ni demo tabi ni deyou ka)
[ Would you go on a journey, even to Mercury, with me？]
Couldn’t think of anything, so, have a random lyric. :3
9. How did you come up with your username? Do you use other usernames in other sites?
– I came up the name ‘Leap250’ way back when I first signed up for a YouTube account, and I guess in my head at the time, random words mixed with random numbers seemed like the norm. Plus it worked as a really neat (for me at least) Tekken handle. Nah, I pretty much stuck to being ‘Leap’ to all sites I’m active on at this point.
10. What do you do to unwind?
– I listen to music, or read a book. At times I put on a podcast on the background and just sit back a bit.
11. Do you hate these questions? Was this reward too troublesome for you?
– Not at all😀
11 Quick Facts About Leap250 (I might as well)
– The first anime I watched with Japanese audio was Fate/Stay Night (Studio DEEN)
– I finished the entirety of Book Girl and the Corrupted Angel in one sitting
– My favorite Japanese band (at the moment) is きのこ帝国 (Kinoko Teikoku)
– Although before that, it was SCANDAL
– Actually, almost all the music I listen to now are from Japanese bands
– I’m fairly quiet/shy
– I like walking around aimlessly whenever I feel down or when I need to think
– I’ve never eaten alone at a fast-food place
– I used to be pretty good at Tekken
– I can kinda play Riichi Mahjong (so long as the points are calculated for me)
– I can’t ride a bike
Aaaand, that’s it. Haha!
I’m gonna go the Kai (from deluscar) route and break a couple of rules. I’m gonna forego making my own set of questions for this one, but I would definitely want to hear you guys’ answers to miharusshi’s questions as well if you have the time. I only ever tag one person (NormalPerson) for these anyways xD (indirect way of asking the man to answer these questions as well)
Hope it ended being a fun read. ‘Till next post😀