At this point in time I’d guess that most, if not all of you guys, have encountered Ace Railgun’s 50 Questions post. Some of the guys that I follow, like Kai, Tsurugiarashix and SomewhatMystia also answered these questions, so I thought why not join in on the fun and decided to give it a go myself. Plus I’m still on my College-induced abstinence from anime (and I was this close to finishing Bamboo Blade too >.<)
Leap250, the ani-blogger
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
This is a tough one, but I gotta go with Orihara Izaya from DuRaRaRa!! because of his personality and insane knife skills. Araragi Koyomi from the -monogatari series is a close second though.
2. Who is your favorite female character?
A bit easier choice in this one. Ryougi Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai. Red leather jacket over a kimono just screams badass.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
I can’t say I have something specific in mind in terms of a whole soundtrack for a series, but because I love Kara no Kyoukai so much I ended up creating a bias for anything done by Kalafina, and by extension Yuki Kajiura. “Lost My Pieces” from the Toradora! OST also makes it as one of my faves.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
Fate/Stay Night’s first OP, “disillusion” by Sachi Tainaka will always be my top one, regardless of how the anime turned out. There’s also Toaru Majutsu no Index II’s first OP “No Buts!” by Mami Kawada.
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
The Tatami Galaxy’s ED, “Kamisama no Iutoori”
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
The scene in the last episode of Welcome to the N.H.K. where Satou stops Misaki .
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Sasakura Ryuu from Bartender. I’d love to hear his insights on stuff while I try a “Glass of the Gods”
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
I think I’m a pretty normal guy so I guess I’m gonna have to go with Kokutou Mikiya from Kara no Kyoukai.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
Probably how anime is very flexible and is not restricted to a certain age group. That is to say, anime can fit a certain person’s tastes in one way or another. The variety of stories, from light, childish fun to deep, dark psychological stuff is truly something.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
As a guy I’m gonna have to say yaoi, and in general I guess those shows that might as well cross the boundary from extremely ecchi to hentai. I can take ecchi, but don’t let it be the show’s selling point.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
Kraft Lawrence and Holo from Spice and Wolf. They just seem so perfect for each other.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Chobi from Final Fantasy: Unlimited. He’s a chocobo! There’s also Mao from Darker than BLACK, if he counts.
13. What anime would make a good game?
I think Another would be a nice survival-horror game, a la Corpse Party.
14. What game would make a good anime?
The Square Enix DS game, The World Ends With You. It has a pretty solid storyline, and an equally awesome set of characters. Even the enemies are likable.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
It can either be Crayon Shin-chan, Doraemon, or Cyborg Kuro-chan.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
I don’t think so.
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
I guess drama/romance-comedy, but I do love some action every now and then.
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
Straight-up mecha I guess, but if it has something more to it than mecha, then I’d still probably watch it.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Yeah. It’s not as “out-of-place” here in the Philippines, so most if not all of my friends know that I watch anime. The family also goes without saying. The only people I know whom I didn’t talk to about anime yet would be my college classmates, but I change classmates every class so there’s not really much time to talk anyways
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Nope. Haven’t even ridden a plane yet. I’d love to go someday though.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Kamisama no Memo-chou. I was looking forward to it since the announcement, but J.C. Staff just had to mess it up. I do believe Guilty Crown can beat it though.
22. What anime was better then expected?
Mawaru Penguindrum mostly. I was just expecting some random fun, but, yeah..
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Shichika’s onslaught of the twelve retainers in the last episode of Katanagatari.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
All the unlucky childhood friends.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
We had a FamiCom back then, and I remember playing the shizz out of it.
The dude behind Leap250
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
Probably when I reluctantly ran for student council president back in elementary, and I got asked about our “platforms” during this pseudo-conference in front of the entire student body. I was stumped. I was only nominated because I had high grades, and I had no interest in the student council. All I could do was look behind to my vice president and let him take the answer.
Can you drive? Can you ride a bike?
Well, even if I change it like that, the answer would still be no.
Do you own a car? Do you own a bike?
Nope. Though I’ve been tempted to get one, and subsequently learn to ride one ever since I got into college.
28. Are you mature?
I’ve been told so. Personally I still have to see for myself.
29. What year were you born?
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
To quote Col. Roy Mustang: I love dogs!~ Oddly enough though, except for me, everyone in the family is allergic to dog fur.
31. Describe yourself physically
About 5’7, maybe a few centimeters more. Brown skin. Wavy hair. Average and, I’d like to believe, fit build.
32. What would you name your first child?
Haven’t really thought that far ahead, but if I ever have a daughter, I’ve once thought of the name Sophie/Sophia.
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
This would be a tie. I once tore up my knee in high school doing some unprecedented suicides in a basketball court. It was so bad I walked with a limp for two-three weeks. There was also the time where I injured both my wrists while wrestling with my older brother. For a week it felt like I had invisible handcuffs. No major wounds so far.
34. What is your worse habit?
Procrastination. To the point that I’m even self-aware that I’m procrastinating.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I had a beer once or twice, maybe more. Never smoked.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
Unless someone snuck up behind me and tattooed my back then no. Don’t want to have one in the future as well.
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Both I guess. It depends if I get a right amount of sleep. I’m a bit cranky otherwise.
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Yep. Usually during blackouts on rainy days when there’s nothing else to do.
39. Do you regret anything?
There’s a few, but not to the point where I forsake where I am now.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
Nah, but if it’s friends that I’m really close with, then maybe three hands would do the trick.
41. Do you wear glasses?
Yep, ever since the 4th grade.
42. Are you a picky eater?
Only when it comes to vegetables.
43. Would you die for someone?
My family mostly.
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Telekinesis would be awesome.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
In a sense yes, but not enough to make me superstitious.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
If I had to choose then I’d say rich. I wouldn’t like the publicity anyway.
47. Have you ever committed a crime.
We had some silly fun back in high school. Not enough to be brought to cops though.
Pirates or ninjas? Time Traveler or ghost? Vampires or Werewolves?
Thought I’d change this up since pirates and ninjas are mainstream (lol) and Time Traveler will always be an instant win for me. For this revised question (sorry, couldn’t think of a Twilight joke) I’d go with werewolves. Ability-wise, vampires are more versatile, but werewolves, I think, have better overall strength.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
I’m gonna be optimistic and say yes.
50. Are you in a relationship?
I’m single and ready to mingle.